Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro was launched in January 2018. The phone powered by Quad-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425, and it comes with 1.5 GB RAM and 16 GB on stockage, up to 256 GB via a microSD, Samsung J2 Pro come with Primary camera 8 MP and 5 MP in front, and powered by removable Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Samsung J2 Pro to the official Android 7.1.1 Nougat using Odin.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Samsung logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat in the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro.
How To Update Samsung J2 Pro to Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.) You can use Smart Switch by following this tutorial: How to Backup and Restore Data in Samsung Smartphones and tablets
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- install USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- Download and extract the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro J250M stock firmware: HERE or HERE
- Download and extract the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro J250G stock firmware: HERE or HERE
- Download and extract the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro J250F stock firmware: HERE or HERE or HERE
- Download and extract the latest version of Odin: Download Odin
ENABLE USB DEBUGGING
1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the build number and press 7 times on it
3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging”
Restart Your Device in DOWNLOAD MODE
Samsung devices have a Download mode for flashing with Odin:
1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro
2. Hold Volume Down+ Home button + Power button at the same time for 3-4 seconds.
3- Once the warning “WARNING!” Is displayed, release the three keys and then press the “Volume up button ” to Continue.
Update your Samsung Device
1-Connect your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro to your PC via the USB cable
2-Run the “Odin” file as an administrator.
3-Check that the USB port number is displayed in the “ID: COM” box and the message “Added !!” in the “Message” box. the port ID: COM on Odin must change to Blue or Yellow, depending on the version of Odin used.
4-Click on “AP” or “PDA” and import the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro firmware file.The firmware used in this tutorial is an official “One Package” firmware deployed by SAMSUNG.
5-Click “Start” to begin the installation.
6-Once the message “PASS!” Displayed, unplug your mobile from your PC.
7-Well done! You have just Update Samsung J2 Pro.