Motorola Moto Z Play was launched in August 2016. The phone powered by Octa-core 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, and it comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM, up to 256 GB via a microSD, Motorola Moto Z Play come with Primary camera 16 MP and 5 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 3510 mAh battery, Motorola Moto Z Play runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Motorola Moto Z Play Android 8.0.0 Oreo using ADB sideload.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Motorola Moto Z Play if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Motorola logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 8.0.0 Oreo in the Motorola Moto Z Play.
How To Update Motorola Moto Z Play Android 8.0.0 Oreo
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.)
- install Motorola USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- SDK drivers installed on the PC, tutorial: How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Download the Motorola Moto Z Play stock firmware: HERE
- ENABLE USB DEBUGGING:1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the Build number and press 8 times on it:
3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging” & “OEM unlocking”
Update Motorola Moto Z Play Android 8.0.0 Oreo
1- Open the folder where ADB and Fastboot are located on your computer & Copy the downloaded ZIP ROM on it.
2- In an empty area, hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, the context menu will contain an entry Open command window here:
3- Restart your Moto Z Play in Recovery mode:
- Press & hold the “Volume Down + Power button” at the same time for about 5 seconds
- The device enters on Bootloader mode.
- Select Recovery Mode.
- When the Android logo appears, press & hold the Power button & tap the Volume Up button once.
- The device should now be in the Recovery mode.
- Use Volume keys to navigate & Power button to confirm, Select Apply update from ADB.
4- Connect your Moto Z Play to your computer
5- Verify that the phone is recognized in Fastboot mode: Type in the command: “fastboot devices”
- Blur_Version.27.1.28.addison.retail.en.US.zip is the name of the OTA File.
9- You have successfully update Motorola Moto Z Play Android 8.0.0 Oreo.
Update Moto Z Play via Updater
1- Copy the download Moto Z Play ROM file on your SD card.
2- On your phone Go to Settings –> apps
3- Find the Update Services app & Provide storage permission.
4- Go back to Settings & Check for OTA updates.
5- The package will be automatically detected and The flashing process began
6- Well done! you have successfully Update Moto Z Play to Android 8.0.0 Oreo.
Update Moto Z Play via OTA update
1- Copy the download Moto Z Play.zip File firmware in your device storage or sd card (IN THE HOME DIRECTORY)
2- Connect your Moto Z Play in Download mode.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Power + Volume up for a few seconds
3- Use the Volume Buttons to navigate, & choose the option: APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD.
4- Select your Moto Z Play.zip File firmware & click on power button to confirm & wait until the end of the update.
5- Well done! You have just update Moto Z Play to Android 8.0.0 Oreo.