For those who want to perform operations on his system such as installing the ROOT, installing custom ROMs, installing customs kernels, installing ZIP files via recovery mode… SONY Xperia offers to unlock the bootloader of their smartphones. This guide shows you How To Unlock Bootloader of SONY Xperia Smartphones and Tablets with the official method.
But first, what is a bootloader and why should I unlock it?
The bootloader is a security system that prevents all kinds of changes on the system of an Android mobile, if you try to install the ROOT, a custom recovery or a custom ROM on a Huawei you must Unlock Bootloader of Huawei.but if you Unlock Bootloader of SONY Xperia the warranty on your device will be permanently canceled even after the BootLoader has been re-locked, and the Official updates will be disabled after unlocking the BootLoader, so you can not update your phone via OTA or PC Companion anymore.
How To Unlock Bootloader of SONY Xperia Smartphones and Tablets:
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your Xperia mobile battery (more than 70% battery)
- Back up your personal data (contacts, messages, photos, etc.).
- Install Xperia USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- SDK drivers properly installed on the PC, tutorial: How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Enable the “USB Debugging” & ”OEM unlocking” option:
Check the status of your bootloader
- Enter the code *#*#7378423#*#* via the dial pad
- Tab”Configuration” and check the “Bootloader unlock allowed” line.
- If you have a “Yes“, you can follow the rest of this tutorial. Otherwise, you can not unlock the Bootloader of your device. you will see:
- “Bootloader unlock allowed“: Unlocking the bootloader allowed.
- “Bootloader unlock not allowed“: unauthorized bootloader unlock.
1-Go to this official “sony developer” page: Unlock Xperia Bootloader.
2- Select your device model from the “Select your device” and click “Continue ” to confirm.
3- Enter your e-mail and check the box for the spam & accept the terms and conditions. Then click “Submit” to confirm.
4- Go to your mailbox and click on the link below to confirm your request.
5- Enter the IMEI number of your Xperia Mobile and accept the conditions of use. Then click on “Submit” to confirm.
- To display the IMEI number of your Xperia Mobile, enter the code *#06# via the call keypad.
6- Once your unlock code is generated, copy it to a clipboard.
- Turn off your Xperia phone, then press the “volume up” key and connect it to your computer.
- Go to the fastboot folder.In an empty area, hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, the context menu will contain an entry Open command window here:
7- Type the command “fastboot devices” to display connected devices.
8-Type “fastboot -i 0x0fce unlock 0x00000000000000” to unlock bootloader (replace the code 00000000000000 with the unlock code you generated .
9- Once the “finished” message is displayed, type the “fastboot reboot” command to reboot your Xperia device.