Top 3 Smartphones for Stock Trading in 2022
It’s hard to believe, but smartphones have only been around for a little over a decade. In that short time, they’ve become an essential part of our lives. We can’t imagine going a day without them. If you can’t then neither do traders.
Traders need immediate access to their game and smartphones have revolutionized this. Most brokers have apps that they use to buy and sell stocks, and many of them have pretty sophisticated interfaces. You can also get real-time stock quotes and charts, so you can track your portfolios and make informed decisions. And if you’re looking into gold IRAs, you can even trade gold and other precious metals right from your phone. So if you’re looking for a versatile, portable device for stock trading, a smartphone is the way to go.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the best smartphones for stock trading in 2022 and discuss why each one is a great option but first, you’ll want to know what you are looking for in a phone you can use for trading before checking out the phones you want, you don’t want one that’s not up to the task.
What To Look For
The best smartphones for stock trading in 2022 are likely to be those that offer the most features and flexibility for traders. Here are a few things you want to look for:
- Large Screen Size and Screen Quality. This will give you a lot of real estate to work with when looking at stock charts and other information.
- Fast and Reliable. You don’t want to be stuck using a phone that is slow, lags a lot and crashes all the time. Also, add in that high screen refresh rate for a more smooth and reactive screen navigation experience.
- Battery Life. You’ll want a phone that can last through long trading sessions without needing to be recharged.
- Easy to Use. Trading can be complex, so you’ll want a phone with an intuitive interface that makes it easy to navigate.
- Decent Specs and General Features. You won’t be using your phone solely for trading, it’s still a phone and it must still have the decent basic features of one. Memory, storage, connectivity, audio quality, and camera quality are still to be factored in.
Samsung is known for its high-quality smartphones, and the S20 is no exception. Released in early 2020, the S20 has many features that are perfect for stock trading.
- 6.2 inch display,
- Refresh rate of 120Hz
- High pixel density screen of 566 PPI
- Supports up to 3200×1400 pixels screen resolution
- Snapdragon 865/Exynos 990 chipset
- 12GB RAM and 128GB storage
- Android 11 OS
- 4000mAh battery, supports wireless charging
- Triple-camera setup: 12MP main sensor, 1 telephoto, and 1 ultra-wide camera.
- 5G enabled option, with download speeds up to 2 Gbps
This phone is great for viewing charts and other trading information. Its fast processor ensures that you won’t miss any opportunities, the battery lets you stay connected to the markets all day long, and takes great photos with more detail and depth.
As usual, Apple always stays in the list and the iPhone 13 is yet to state its case.
- 6.1-inch (diagonal) all-screen OLED display with LTPO technology
- Refresh rate from 10Hz to 120Hz
- Supports 2532×1170 pixel resolution at 460 PPI
- Processor: A15, 6-core CPU and 4-core GPU, with a 16-core Neural Engine for machine learning and AI (50% faster than the competition while the GPU can handle graphics rendering 20% faster)
- Estimated 10 hours and 33 minutes, thanks to a bigger battery, more efficient display and the A15 Bionic chip.
- Camera: Dual 12MP camera system, Wide and Ultra Wide cameras.
OnePlus 8 Pro
The OnePlus 8 Pro is another addition and has been quite an alternative to leading smartphones for a while now.
- Display: 6.78-inch 1440p screen with a 19.8:9 aspect ratio
- 120 Hz refresh rate (the first smartphone to support both 1440p resolution and a 120 Hz refresh rate)
- Adaptive Display
- Processor: Snapdragon 865, Adreno 650 GPU, 128 or 256 GB of non-expandable UFS (Universal Flash Storage) 3.0 storage, 12 GB of the more efficient LPDDR5 (Low Power Double Data Rate) RAM
- Battery life: 4510 mAh
- Supports wired fast charging at 30W via Warp Charge
- Supports wireless charging with the new OnePlus Warp Charge 30 Wireless
- Charges 50% of the battery in under 30 minutes.
- Camera: 48 MP wide sensor, 48 MP ultrawide sensor, 8 MP telephoto sensor, 5 MP “Color Filter Camera” that takes infrared photography.
You may notice that the Samsung S20 is only second to OnePlus Pro in terms of screen size. However, the S20 still has the highest pixel density and the highest pixel resolution. There may be a 0.58 inch difference in screen size but the S20’s pixel density is way higher offering the highest graphics quality.
With new models released every year and smartphones becoming more and more powerful, these are the three most qualified for stock trading in our list. You may rank these three differently according to your preference but rest assured that you can count on these smartphones as your primary device for stock trading.