If your device already old and does not get an official update from the manufacturer, or you want to Get The Latest Version of Android. in this article, will explain how to Install LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 5 – Android 9.0 Pie.
Android is open source can be modified by the developers of the world, these developers develop LineageOS 16 Custom ROM to replace the pre-installed version of Android on your OnePlus 5.
OnePlus 5 was launched in June 2017, The phone CPU powered by Octa-core 4×2.45 GHz & 4×1.9 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, and it comes with 6/8 GB RAM and 64/128 GB ROM, OnePlus 5 comes with Primary Dual camera: 16 MP + 20 MP and 16 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery.
Custom ROM is just a modified version of stock ROM which developed by professional developers in the field of android, ROM is completely changing the system of the OnePlus 5 with the addition of more features such as the improved battery, better performance, Add Additional Features and System Tweaks, Eliminate Bloatware, faster smartphone, and updates to the latest Android versions on your OnePlus 5…
LineageOS is an AOSP based ROM based on Android It offers the maximum possible stability and security, the LineageOS Custom ROMs designed to bring Google’s Pixel phone experience to your OnePlus 5 like the launcher, Wallpapers, Icons, boot animation, and Fonts
- Charge your device 60-70% to avoid any interruptions during the installation
- Available space on the phone At least 2.0 GB
- Install TWRP on OnePlus 5: Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5
- Download LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 5: LineageOS 16
- Download Android Pie GApps for OnePlus 5T: Android Pie 9.0 Gapps
Install LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 5
1- Copy the LineageOS 16 & GApps ZIP files for OnePlus 5 to your phone.
2- Restart your OnePlus 5 into the custom recovery
- Turn off your OnePlus Mobile.
- Press “Volume Down button + Power button ” until the menu appears.
- Use Volume buttons to navigate & choose Recovery mode, then press the Power button to confirm.
3- Click Wipe and scroll down and choose Advanced wipe and swipe to confirm Wipe.
4- Click Install and scroll down and choose LineageOS 16 ZIP and swipe to confirm flash.
5- Click Install and scroll down and choose GApps package and swipe to confirm flash.
6- Once the installation is finished, click on “Reboot System” to reboot your phone.
7- That’s it ! you have successfully Install LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 5 – Android 9.0 Pie.