If your device already old and does not get an official update from the manufacturer, or you want to Get The Latest Version of Android. in this article, will explain how to Install crDroid on Google Nexus 5 – Android 8.1 Oreo.
Android is open source can be modified by the developers of the world, these developers develop crDroid Custom ROM to replace the pre-installed version of Android on your Google Nexus 5.
LG Nexus 5 was launched in September 2015, The phone CPU powered by Hexa-core 4×1.4 GHz & 2×1.8 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor, and it comes with 2 GB RAM and 16/32 GB ROM, LG Nexus 5 comes with Primary camera 12.3 MP and 5 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Po 2700 mAh battery.
Custom ROM is just a modified version of stock ROM which developed by professional developers in the field of android, ROM is completely changing the system of the Google Nexus 5 with the addition of more features such as the improved battery, better performance, Add Additional Features and System Tweaks, Eliminate Bloatware, faster smartphone, and updates to the latest Android versions on your Google Nexus 5…
LineageOS is an open-source system based on Android. First seen in 2009 on HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1)It offers features and advanced options on Android versions that are not included on the Officiel ROM such as an integrated theme editor or additional interface options, the ability to overclock the processor or root Google Nexus 5, Custom ROMs are available for phones, tablets, media players, smart watches and almost any type of device running Android.
- Charge your phone At least 40% battery
- Available space on the phone At least 2.0 GB
- Install TWRP on Google Nexus 5: How to Install TWRP and Root LG Nexus 5
- Download the crDroid 4.6 ROM for Google Nexus 5: Download crDroid
- Download Android Oreo GApps for Google Nexus 5: Download Android Oreo 8.1 Gapps for LineageOS 15.1
Install crDroid on Google Nexus 5
1- Copy the crDroid 4.6 ROM & GApps ZIP files for Google Nexus 5 to your phone.
2- Restart your Google Nexus 5 into the custom recovery
- Turn off your Google mobile.
- Press & hold the “Volume Down + Power button” at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- Release Held key when the Fastboot Mode appears on your device.
- Use volume buttons to navigate the “Recovery Mode” option.
- Press Power button to confirm Recovery Mode boot.
3- Click Wipe and scroll down and choose Advanced wipe and swipe to confirm Wipe.
4- Click Install and scroll down and choose crDroid ROM ZIP and swipe to confirm flash.
5- Click Install and scroll down and choose GApps package and swipe to confirm flash.
6- Once the installation is finished, click on “Reboot System” to reboot your phone.
5- That’s it ! you have successfully Install crDroid on Google Nexus 5 – Android 8.1 Oreo.