If your device already old and does not get an official update from the manufacturer, or you want to Get The Latest Version of Android. in this article, will explain how to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Xperia X Performance – AOSP ROM.
Android is open source can be modified by the developers of the world, these developers develop AOSP ROM Custom ROM to replace the pre-installed version of Android on your Xperia X Performance.
Custom ROM is just a modified version of stock ROM which developed by professional developers in the field of android, ROM is completely changing the system of the Xperia X Performance with the addition of more features such as the improved battery, better performance, Add Additional Features and System Tweaks, Eliminate Bloatware, faster smartphone, and updates to the latest Android versions on your Xperia X Performance…
Sony Xperia X Performance was launched in February 2016, The phone CPU powered by Quad-core 2×2.15 GHz & 2×1.6 GHz Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820, and it comes with 3 GB RAM and 32/64 GB ROM, up to 512 GB via microSD, Xperia X Performance comes with Primary camera 23 MP and 13 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 2700 mAh battery.
- SDK drivers properly installed on the PC: How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Install Sony USB drivers on your computer: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- Download the AOSP ROM for Xperia X Performance: android-pie-081017.zip
- Download vendor image: SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_22.214.171.124_R1_V1_TONE_BETA.ZIP
- Download Android Pie GApps for Xperia X Performance: Download And Install Android Pie 9.0 Gapps
Install Android 9.0 Pie on Xperia X Performance
1- ENABLE USB DEBUGGING
- Go to Settings> About phone
- Find the Build number and press 8 times on it:
- Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
- Press and check “USB Debugging”
2-Restart your Sony Xperia X Performance in fastboot mode:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press & hold the Power button + Volume Up at the same time for a few seconds.
3- Extract android-pie-081017.zip, and Copy the 3 files on the ADB folder.
4- In an empty area, hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, the context menu will contain an entry Open command window here.
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
- fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_126.96.36.199_r1_v1_tone_ beta.img
8- Copy the GApps ZIP file for Xperia X Performance to your phone.
9- Restart your Xperia X Performance into the TWRP recovery
- Turn off your Xperia mobile.
- Press & hold the Power button until you see Sony Logo
- Then tap VOLUME UP button or VOLUME DOWN button until you are in recovery
10- Click Wipe and scroll down and choose Advanced wipe and swipe to confirm Wipe.
11- Click Install and scroll down and choose GApps package and swipe to confirm flash.
12- Once the installation is finished, click on “Reboot System” to reboot your phone.
13- That’s it ! you have successfully Install Android 9.0 Pie on Xperia X Performance – AOSP ROM.