If your device already old and does not get an official update from the manufacturer, or you want to Get The Latest Version of Android. in this article, will explain how to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Samsung S5 Neo – LineageOS 15.1.
Android is open source can be modified by the developers of the world, these developers develop LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM to replace the pre-installed version of Android on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo.
Custom ROM is just a modified version of stock ROM which developed by professional developers in the field of android, ROM is completely changing the system of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo with the addition of more features such as the improved battery, better performance, Add Additional Features and System Tweaks, Eliminate Bloatware, faster smartphone, and updates to the latest Android versions on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo …
LineageOS is an open-source system based on Android. First seen in 2009 on HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1)It offers features and advanced options on Android versions that are not included on the Officiel ROM such as an integrated theme editor or additional interface options, the ability to overclock the processor or root Samsung S5 Neo, Custom ROMs are available for phones, tablets, media players, smart watches and almost any type of device running Android.
Read also: Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Combination ROM
- Charge your phone At least 40% battery
- Available space on the phone At least 2.0 GB
- Install TWRP on Samsung S5 Neo: How to Install TWRP on Samsung S5 Neo
- Download the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM for Samsung S5 Neo SM-G903F: LineageOS 15.1
- Download Android Oreo GApps for Samsung S5 Neo: Download Android Oreo 8.1 Gapps
Install LineageOS 15.1 on Samsung S5 Neo
1- Copy the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM & GApps ZIP files for Samsung S5 Neo to your phone.
2- Restart your Samsung S5 Neo into the custom recovery
- Turn off your Samsung mobile.
- Press & hold Power Button + Home Button + Volume up Button, at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- Release held key when the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
3- Click Wipe and scroll down and choose Advanced wipe and swipe to confirm Wipe.
4- Click Install and scroll down and choose LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP and swipe to confirm flash.
5- Click Install and scroll down and choose GApps package and swipe to confirm flash.
6- Once the installation is finished, click on “Reboot System” to reboot your phone.
5- That’s it ! you have successfully Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Samsung S5 Neo – LineageOS 15.1.