If your device already old and does not get an official update from the manufacturer, or you want to Get The Latest Version of Android. in this article, will explain how to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto X 2014 – LineageOS 15.1.
Android is open source can be modified by the developers of the world, these developers develop LineageOS 15.1 ROM to replace the pre-installed version of Android on your Moto X 2014.
Custom ROM is just a modified version of stock ROM which developed by professional developers in the field of android, ROM is completely changing the system of the Moto X 2014 with the addition of more features such as the improved battery, better performance, Add Additional Features and System Tweaks, Eliminate Bloatware, faster smartphone, and updates to the latest Android versions on your Moto X 2014…
Motorola Moto X 2014 was launched in February 2017. The phone powered by Octa-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430, and it comes with 2/3 GB RAM and 16/32 GB ROM, up to 256 GB via a microSD, Motorola Moto X 2014 come with a Primary camera 13 MP and 5 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery.
.LineageOS is an open-source system based on Android. First seen in 2009 on HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1)It offers features and advanced options on Android versions that are not included on the Officiel ROM such as an integrated theme editor or additional interface options, the ability to overclock the processor or root Motorola Moto X 2014, Custom ROMs are available for phones, tablets, media players, smart watches and almost any type of device running Android.
- Charge your phone At least 40% battery
- Available space on the phone At least 2.0 GB
- Install TWRP on Motorola Moto X 2014: How to Install TWRP and Root Motorola Moto X 2014
- Download the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM for Motorola Moto X 2014: LineageOS 15.1 or LineageOS 15.1
- Download Android Oreo GApps for Motorola Moto X 2014: Android Oreo 8.1 Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 -Google Apps
Install LineageOS 15.1 on Motorola Moto X 2014
1- Copy the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM & GApps ZIP files for Motorola Moto X 2014 to your phone.
2- Restart your Motorola Moto X 2014 into the custom recovery
- Turn off your Motorola Mobile.
- Press “Volume Down button + Power button ” until the menu appears.
- Use Volume buttons to navigate & choose Recovery mode, then press the Power button to confirm.
3- Click Wipe and scroll down and choose Advanced wipe and swipe to confirm Wipe.
4- Click Install and scroll down and choose LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP and swipe to confirm flash.
5- Click Install and scroll down and choose GApps package and swipe to confirm flash.
6- Once the installation is finished, click on “Reboot System” to reboot your phone.
5- That’s it ! you have successfully Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto X 2014 – LineageOS 15.1.