Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U was launched in August 2018. The phone powered by Octa-core 4×2.7 GHz & 4×1.8 GHz Exynos 9810 Octa, and it comes with 6/8 GB RAM and 128/512 GB ROM, up to 512 GB via a microSD, Samsung Note 9 N960U come with Primary Dual camera 12 MP + 12 MP and 8 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery, In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Samsung Note 9 N960U to Android 8.1.0 Oreo using Odin.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Samsung logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 8.1.0 Oreo in the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U.
Read also: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U Repair Firmware
How To Update Samsung Note 9 N960U to Android 8.1.0 Oreo
Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.) You can use Smart Switch by following this tutorial: How to Backup and Restore Data in Samsung Smartphones and tablets
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- install Samsung USB drivers, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- Download and extract the latest version of Odin: Download Odin Tool for Samsung Devices – All Versions
- Download the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U stock firmware: HERE or HERE
ENABLE USB DEBUGGING
1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the build number and press 7 times on it
3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging”
Restart Your Device in DOWNLOAD MODE
Samsung devices have a Download mode for flashing with Odin:
1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U
2. Hold Volume Down+ Bixby button + Power button at the same time for 3-4 seconds.
3- Once the warning “WARNING!” Is displayed, release the three keys and then press the “Volume up button ” to Continue.
Update your Samsung Device
1-Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U to your PC via the USB cable
2-Run the “Odin” file as an administrator.
3-Check that the USB port number is displayed in the “ID: COM” box and the message “Added !!” in the “Message” box. the port ID: COM on Odin must change to Blue or Yellow, depending on the version of Odin used.
4-Click on “AP” or “PDA” and import the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U firmware file.The firmware used in this tutorial is an official “One Package” firmware deployed by SAMSUNG.
5-Click “Start” to begin the installation.
6-Once the message “PASS!” Displayed, unplug your mobile from your PC.
7-Well done! You have just Update Samsung Note 9 N960U to Android 8.1.0 Oreo.
Read also: FRP Bypass Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960