Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 J530G was launched in June 2017. The phone powered by Octa-core 1.6 GHz Exynos 7870 Octa, and it comes with 2/3 GB RAM and 16/32 GB ROM, up to 256 GB via a microSD, Samsung J5 2017 J530G come with Primary camera 13 MP and 13 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 J530G runs Android 7.0 Nougat, and In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Samsung J5 2017 J530G to the official Android 8.1 Oreo using Odin.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 J530G if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Samsung logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 8.1 Oreo in the Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 J530G.
Read also: Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro Combination ROM
How To Update Samsung J5 2017 J530G to Android 8.1 Oreo
Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.) You can use Smart Switch by following this tutorial: How to Backup and Restore Data in Samsung Smartphones and tablets
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- install Samsung USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download the Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 J530G stock firmware: HERE or HERE
- Download and extract the latest version of Odin: Download Odin Tool for Samsung Devices – All Versions
ENABLE USB DEBUGGING
1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the build number and press 7 times on it
3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging”
Restart Your Device in DOWNLOAD MODE
Samsung devices have a Download mode for flashing with Odin:
1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 J530G
2. Hold Volume Down+ Home button + Power button at the same time for 3-4 seconds.
3- Once the warning “WARNING!” Is displayed, release the three keys and then press the “Volume up button ” to Continue.
Update Samsung J5 2017 J530G
1-Connect your Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 J530G to your PC via the USB cable
2-Run the “Odin” file as an administrator.
3-Check that the USB port number is displayed in the “ID: COM” box and the message “Added !!” in the “Message” box. the port ID: COM on Odin must change to Blue or Yellow, depending on the version of Odin used.
4-Click on “AP” or “PDA” and import the Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 J530G firmware file. The firmware used in this tutorial is an official “One Package” firmware deployed by SAMSUNG.
5-Click “Start” to begin the installation.
6-Once the message “PASS!” Displayed, unplug your mobile from your PC.
7-Well done! You have just Update Samsung J5 2017 J530G to Android 8.1 Oreo.
Read also: Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 Stock Recovery