Motorola Moto X 2014 was launched in February 2017. The phone powered by Octa-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430, and it comes with 2/3 GB RAM and 16/32 GB ROM, up to 256 GB via a microSD, Motorola Moto X 2014 come with Primary camera 13 MP and 5 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, Motorola Moto X 2014 runs Android 7.1 Nougat, and In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Motorola Moto X 2014 Android 6.0 Marshmallow using ADB sideload.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Motorola Moto X 2014 if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Motorola logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 8.0.0 Oreo in the Motorola Moto X 2014.
How To Update Motorola Moto X 2014 Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.)
- install Motorola USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- SDK drivers installed on the PC, tutorial: How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Download the Motorola Moto X 2014 stock firmware:
- VICTARA_RETGB_XT1092_6.0_MPE24.49-18_cid7_CFC.xml.zip07/03/2016 08:031.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_ORAEU_6.0_MPE24.49-24_cid7_CFC.xml.zip10/09/2017 12:391.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_ORAEU_6.0_MPES24.49-24-3_cid7_CFC.xml.zip05/02/2017 14:071.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_ORAEU_6.0_MPES24.49-24-7_cid7_CFC.xml.zip05/02/2017 14:071.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_RETDE_6.0_MPES24.49-18-3_cid7_CFC.xml.zip05/02/2017 14:101.3 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_RETDE_6.0_MPES24.49-18-7_cid7_CFC.xml.zip05/02/2017 14:111.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_RETES_6.0_MPE24.49-24_cid7_CFC.xml.zip15/04/2016 09:021.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_RETES_6.0_MPES24.49-24-3_cid7_CFC.xml.zip05/02/2017 14:111.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_RETES_6.0_MPES24.49-24-7_cid7_CFC.xml.zip05/02/2017 14:111.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_RETEU_6.0_MPES24.49-18-3_cid7_CFC.xml.zip05/02/2017 14:121.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_RETEU_6.0_MPES24.49-18-7_cid7_CFC.xml.zip05/02/2017 14:121.4 GiB
- XT1092_VICTARA_RETGB_6.0_MPES24.49-18-7_cid7_CFC.xml.zip05/02/2017 14:131.4 GiB
- ENABLE USB DEBUGGING:1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the Build number and press 8 times on it:3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging” & “OEM unlocking”
Update Motorola Moto X 2014 Android 6.0 Marshmallow
1- Open the folder where ADB and Fastboot are located on your computer & Copy the downloaded ZIP ROM on it.
2- In an empty area, hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, the context menu will contain an entry Open command window here:
3- Restart your Moto X 2014 in Bootloader mode:
- Press & hold the “Volume Down + Power button” at the same time for about 5 seconds
- The device enters on Bootloader mode.
4- Connect your Moto X 2014 to your computer
5- Verify that the phone is recognized in Fastboot mode: Type in the command: “fastboot devices”
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
9- You have successfully update Motorola Moto X 2014 Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Update Moto X 2014 via Updater
1- Copy the download Moto X 2014 ROM file on your SD card.
2- On your phone Go to Settings –> apps
3- Find the Update Services app & Provide storage permission.
4- Go back to Settings & Check for OTA updates.
5- The package will be automatically detected and The flashing process began
6- Well done! you have successfully Update Moto X 2014 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Update Moto X 2014 via OTA update
1- Copy the download Moto X 2014.zip File firmware in your device storage or sd card (IN THE HOME DIRECTORY)
2- Connect your Moto X 2014 in Download mode.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Power + Volume up for a few seconds
3- Use the Volume Buttons to navigate, & choose the option: APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD.
4- Select your Moto X 2014.zip File firmware & click on power button to confirm & wait until the end of the update.
5- Well done! You have just update Moto X 2014 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.