Motorola Moto G4 was launched in May 2016. The phone powered by Octa-core 4×1.5 GHz & 4×1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 617, and it comes with 2 GB RAM and 16/32 GB ROM, up to 256 GB via a microSD, Motorola Moto G4 come with Primary camera 13 MP and 5 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, Motorola Moto G4 runs Android 7.1 Nougat, and In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Motorola Moto G4 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using ADB sideload.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Motorola Moto G4 if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Motorola logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 8.0.0 Oreo in the Motorola Moto G4.
How To Update Motorola Moto G4 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.)
- install Motorola USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- SDK drivers installed on the PC, tutorial: How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Download the Motorola Moto G4 stock firmware:
- ENABLE USB DEBUGGING:1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the Build number and press 8 times on it:3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging” & “OEM unlocking”
Update Moto G4 via Updater
1- Copy the download Moto G4 ROM file on your SD card.
2- On your phone Go to Settings –> apps
3- Find the Update Services app & Provide storage permission.
4- Go back to Settings & Check for OTA updates.
5- The package will be automatically detected and The flashing process began
6- Well done! you have successfully Update Moto G4 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Update Moto G4 via OTA update
1- Copy the download Moto G4.zip File firmware in your device storage or sd card (IN THE HOME DIRECTORY)
2- Connect your Moto G4 in Download mode.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Power + Volume up for a few seconds
3- Use the Volume Buttons to navigate, & choose the option: APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD.
4- Select your Moto G4.zip File firmware & click on power button to confirm & wait until the end of the update.
5- Well done! You have just update Moto G4 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Update Motorola Moto G4 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
1- Open the folder where ADB and Fastboot are located on your computer & Copy the downloaded ZIP ROM on it.
2- In an empty area, hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, the context menu will contain an entry Open command window here:
3- Restart your Moto G4 in Bootloader mode:
- Press & hold the “Volume Down + Power button” at the same time for about 5 seconds
- The device enters on Bootloader mode.
4- Connect your Moto G4 to your computer
5- Verify that the phone is recognized in Fastboot mode: Type in the command: “fastboot devices”
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
mfastboot flash oem oem.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot erase customize
mfastboot erase clogo
mfastboot oem fb_mode_clear
9- You have successfully update Motorola Moto G4 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.