Motorola Moto E4 was launched in June 2017. The phone powered by Quad-core 1.3 GHz Mediatek MT6737, and it comes with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM, up to 128 GB via a microSD, Motorola Moto E4 come with Primary camera 8 MP and 5 MP in front, and powered by removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, Motorola Moto E4 runs Android 7.1 Nougat, and In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Motorola Moto E4 Android 7.1.1 Nougat using ADB sideload.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Motorola Moto E4 if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Motorola logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 8.0.0 Oreo in the Motorola Moto E4.
How To Update Motorola Moto E4 Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.)
- install Motorola USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- SDK drivers installed on the PC, tutorial: How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Download the Motorola Moto E4 XT1766 stock firmware:
- Download the Motorola Moto E4 XT1767 stock firmware:
- Download the Motorola Moto XT1768 stock firmware:
- ENABLE USB DEBUGGING:
1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the Build number and press 8 times on it:3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging” & “OEM unlocking”
Update Moto E4 via Updater
1- Copy the download Moto E4 ROM file on your SD card.
2- On your phone Go to Settings –> apps
3- Find the Update Services app & Provide storage permission.
4- Go back to Settings & Check for OTA updates.
5- The package will be automatically detected and The flashing process began
6- Well done! you have successfully Update Moto E4 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Update Moto E4 via OTA update
1- Copy the download Moto E4.zip File firmware in your device storage or sd card (IN THE HOME DIRECTORY)
2- Connect your Moto E4 in Download mode.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Power + Volume up for a few seconds
3- Use the Volume Buttons to navigate, & choose the option: APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD.
4- Select your Moto E4.zip File firmware & click on power button to confirm & wait until the end of the update.
5- Well done! You have just update Moto E4 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Update Motorola Moto E4 Android 7.1.1 Nougat
1- Open the folder where ADB and Fastboot are located on your computer & Unzip the downloaded ZIP ROM on it.
2- In an empty area, hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, the context menu will contain an entry Open command window here:
3- Restart your Moto E4 in Bootloader mode:
- Press & hold the “Volume Down + Power button” at the same time for about 5 seconds
- The device enters on Bootloader mode.
4- Connect your Moto E4 to your computer
5- Verify that the phone is recognized in Fastboot mode: Type in the command: “fastboot devices”
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
9- You have successfully update Motorola Moto E4 Android 7.1.1 Nougat.