Motorola Moto X4 was launched in August 2017. The phone powered by Octa-core 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 630, and it comes with 3/4/6 GB RAM and 32/64 GB ROM, up to 256 GB via a microSD, Motorola Moto X4 come with Primary camera Dual: 12 MP + 8 MP and 16 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, Motorola Moto X4 runs Android 8.0 Oreo, and In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Motorola Moto X4 to Android 9.0 Pie.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Motorola Moto X4 if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Motorola logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 9.0 Pie in the Motorola Moto X4.
How To Update Moto X4 to Android 9.0 Pie
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.)
- install Motorola USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- SDK drivers installed on the PC, tutorial: How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Download the Motorola Moto X4 XT1900 Android 9.0 Pie OTA update:
- ENABLE USB DEBUGGING:1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the Build number and press 8 times on it:3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging” & “OEM unlocking”
Update Moto X4 via Updater
1- Copy the download Moto X4 ROM file on your SD card.
2- On your phone Go to Settings –> apps
3- Find the Update Services app & Provide storage permission.
4- Go back to Settings & Check for OTA updates.
5- The package will be automatically detected and The flashing process began
6- Well done! you have successfully Update Moto X4 to Android 9.0 Pie.
Update Moto X4 via OTA update
1- Copy the download Moto X4.zip File firmware in your device storage or sd card (IN THE HOME DIRECTORY)
2- Connect your Moto X4 in Download mode.
- Turn off your Motorola device.
- Press and hold Power Button + Volume up Button for a few seconds
3- Use the Volume Buttons to navigate, & choose the option: APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD.
4- Select your Moto X4.zip File firmware & click on the power button to confirm & wait until the end of the update.
5- Well done! You have just update Moto X4 to Android 9.0 Pie.