Moto G5s was launched in August 2017. The phone powered by Octa-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430, and it comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM, up to 256 GB via a microSD, Moto G5s come with Primary camera 16 MP and 5 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, Moto G5s runs Android 7.1 Nougat, and In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Moto G5s Android 8.1 Oreo using ADB sideload.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Moto G5s if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Motorola logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 8.1 Oreo in the Moto G5s.
How To Update Moto G5s to Android 8.1 Oreo:
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.)
- install Motorola USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- SDK drivers installed on the PC, tutorial: How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Download the Moto G5s Fastboot Image: MONTANA_OPP28.65-37_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
- Download the Moto G5s TWRP Flashable zip: twrp-flashable-montana-OPP28.65-37.zip
- ENABLE USB DEBUGGING:
- 1. Go to Settings> About phone
- 2. Find the Build number and press 8 times on it:
- 3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
- 4. Press and check “USB Debugging” & “OEM unlocking”
Update Moto G5s via Updater
1- Copy the download Moto G5s ROM file on your SD card.
2- On your phone Go to Settings –> apps
3- Find the Update Services app & Provide storage permission.
4- Go back to Settings & Check for OTA updates.
5- The package will be automatically detected and The flashing process began
6- Well done! you have successfully Update Moto G5s to Android 8.1 Oreo.
Update Moto G5s via OTA update
1- Copy the download Moto G5s.zip File firmware in your device storage or sd card (IN THE HOME DIRECTORY)
2- Connect your Moto G5s in Download mode.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Power + Volume up for a few seconds
3- Use the Volume Buttons to navigate, & choose the option: APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD.
4- Select your Moto G5s.zip File firmware & click on power button to confirm & wait until the end of the update.
5- Well done! You have just update Moto G5s to Android 8.1 Oreo.
Update Moto G5s via TWRP Recovery
2- Restart your Motorola Moto G5s in Recovery mode:
- Turn off your Motorola Mobile.
- Press “Volume Down button + Power button ” until the menu appears.
- Use Volume buttons to navigate & choose Recovery mode, then press the Power button to confirm.
3- Install and flash Android 8.1 Oreo :
- Choose “Install” and then choose twrp-flashable-montana-OPP28.65-37.zip
- Press the return key
- Press “Reboot” to restart the phone in normal mode.
Update Moto G5s via ADB sideload
1- Open the folder where ADB and Fastboot are located on your computer & Copy the downloaded ZIP ROM on it.
2- In an empty area, hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, the context menu will contain an entry Open command window here:
3- Restart your Moto G5s in Bootloader mode:
- Press & hold the “Volume Down + Power button” at the same time for about 5 seconds
- The device enters on Bootloader mode.
4- Connect your Moto G5s to your computer
5- Verify that the phone is recognized in Fastboot mode: Type in the command: “fastboot devices”
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase DDR
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
9- You have successfully update Moto G5s to Android 8.1 Oreo.
Read also: FRP Bypass Motorola Moto G5s Google Account