Moto G5 Plus was launched in February 2017. The phone powered by Octa-core 2.0 GHz Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625, and it comes with 2/3/4 GB RAM and 32/64 GB ROM, up to 256 GB via a microSD, Moto G5 Plus come with Primary camera 12 MP and 5 MP in front, and powered by Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, Moto G5 Plus runs Android 7.0 Nougat, and In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update Moto G5 Plus Android 8.1 Oreo using ADB sideload.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your Moto G5 Plus if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on Motorola logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 8.0.0 Oreo in the Moto G5 Plus.
How To Update Moto G5 Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo:
Before you begin, it is important to have all the tools at hand. you will need:
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.)
- install Motorola USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- SDK drivers installed on the PC, tutorial: How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Download the Moto G5 Plus stock firmware: Download link or Download link
- ENABLE USB DEBUGGING:
- 1. Go to Settings> About phone
- 2. Find the Build number and press 8 times on it:
- 3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
- 4. Press and check “USB Debugging” & “OEM unlocking”
Update Moto G5 Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo
1- Open the folder where ADB and Fastboot are located on your computer & Copy the downloaded ZIP ROM on it.
2- In an empty area, hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, the context menu will contain an entry Open command window here:
3- Restart your Moto G5 Plus in Bootloader mode:
- Press & hold the “Volume Down + Power button” at the same time for about 5 seconds
- The device enters on Bootloader mode.
4- Connect your Moto G5 Plus to your computer
5- Verify that the phone is recognized in Fastboot mode: Type in the command: “fastboot devices”
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
9- You have successfully update Moto G5 Plus to Android 8.1 Oreo.