LG G6 Plus H870I was launched in June 2017. The phone powered by Quad-core 2×2.35 GHz & 2×1.6 GHz Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 CPU, and it comes with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB ROM, up to 256 GB via a microSD, LG G6 Plus H870I come with Primary camera Dual: 13 MP + 13 MP and Dual 5 MP in front, and powered by Non–removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery, In this new tutorial, you will learn how to update LG G6 Plus H870I to the official Android 8.0 Oreo using LG flash tool.
It’s very important that the smartphone will be updated to the latest stable version of Android. This will also allow you to repair your LG G6 Plus H870I if it is stuck on the start screen, stuck on logo, if it restarts in bootloop or if you decide to update it for any reason. Today we will see How to install Android 8.0 Oreo in the LG G6 Plus H870I.
How To Update LG G6 Plus H870I to Android 8.0 Oreo
Before you begin, Save all your personal data (SMS, contacts, applications, settings, documents, music, photos, etc.)
- install LG USB drivers on your computer, tutorial: Download LG USB Drivers For Windows
- install Visual C++ Runtime Library on your PC: Download Visual C++
- Download and extract the latest version of LG flash tool: LG Flash Tool : Download & Guide to Use
- Download & extract the LG G6 Plus H870I H870 KDZ firmware: Drive – File Host – Deposit Files
Update your LG G6 Plus H870I
1. Turn off your LG G6 Plus H870I completely.
2-Press the “Volume up” Button and connect it to your PC via the USB cable.
- If it does not work, you can press both the Volume up and Volume Down buttons and connect your device.
- That’s it, your LG G6 Plus H870I should go directly to download mode.
3-Run LG Flash Tool.
4-Click on “Select KDZ file” and select your KDZ firmware file for LG G6 Plus H870I.
5-Check the information: Select Type CDMA, PhoneMode DIAG and Reset time 33000.
6-You have two options, Normal Flash or CSE Flash: normal flash can be used for update or for repair (no data loss), CSE flash is recommended for updates (erases all of your data)
7-Click “Start” to begin the procedure.
8-A window will appear to ask you the language, just click “OK“, it will not affect on the language of your LG phone
9-Once your phone has restarted, unplug your mobile from your PC without fear.
10-Well done! You have just Update LG G6 Plus H870I to Android 8.0 Oreo.