For those who want to change the Rom of their mobile, Huawei offers to unlock the bootloader of their smartphones. This guide shows you How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei smartphones and tablets with the official method.
But first, what is a bootloader and why should I unlock it?
The bootloader is a security system that prevents all kinds of changes on the system of an Android mobile, if you try to install the ROOT, a custom recovery or a custom ROM on a Huawei you must Unlock Bootloader of Huawei.
How To Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Smartphones and Tablets
- How to Open Multiple Accounts Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber on Android
- How to Boost your Android Smartphone
Before starting Unlock Bootloader of Huawei:
- Back up your personal data (contacts, messages, photos, etc.).
- Enable the “USB Debugging” option by following this tutorial:
- Enable OEM unlocking on your Huawei
- Write down the IMEI number of your device on the clipboard. To display the IMEI number of your HUAWEI, enter the code *#06# via the call keypad.
1-Get the unlock password
1-Go to this official “Huawei Emui” page and click on “register for free”
2-Accept the conditions of use then click “Next“.
3-Once done, you will have access to this page, and click on Unlock Bootloader.
4-Fill in all the required information in order to get the unlock password:
-Choose the version of your system “EMUI 5.0” or higher.
-Product type: Smartphone
-Product model: Huawei P9 / P9 Lite / Mate 10 / …
-Product Serial Number: The serial number of your phone.
-Product IMEI or MEID: The IMEI number of your phone, you can display it by entering the code * # 06 # via the call keypad.
-Product ID: Enter the code * # * # 1357946 # * # * via the dial pad to get the “Product ID” number that matches your model.
You can also use a small software that generates the “Product ID” numbers of Huawei smartphones using the IMEI number:
5-Enter the captcha code on the right.
6-Click on “Commit” to confirm. That’s it, you will then have a 16-digit unlock password that will allow you to unlock your bootloader.
- How to Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi smartphone
- How to install official firmware on Samsung Galaxy Devices with Odin
2-Unlock the bootloader of your Huawei
All your personal data and installed applications will be deleted. Back up all the files you need before starting the unlocking process.
1. Download Huawei USB drivers from your Huawei mobile or tablet and install it on your PC.
2-Install the ADB drivers on your PC by following this guide: How to install ADB, Fastboot and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
3-Turn off your device and restart it in Fastboot Mode:
Press and hold (Volume down + Power) for at least 10 seconds or with the ADB mode using the “adb reboot fastboot” command.
4-Once the device reboots into fastboot mode, connect it to your computer using a USB cable then open a command window by pressing “Win + R” and then typing “cmd“.
5-Type “fastboot devices” to verify that your Huawei is well recognized by your PC in fastboot mode.If a message such as “fastboot devices 7e15881f” is displayed, the connection works.
6-type “fastboot oem unlock 255888545502400” to unlock its bootloader (replace the code 255888545502400 with The 16-digit unlock password you received).
7-Once the procedure is complete, your Huawei will be reset to the factory state and its bootloader will be unlocked.
3-Check if the bootloader has been successfully unlocked:
1-Turn off your device and restart it in Fastboot Mode:
2-Press and hold (Volume down + Power) for at least 10 seconds or with the ADB mode using the “adb reboot fastboot” command.
3-Once the device reboots into fastboot mode, connect it to your computer using a USB cable then open a command window by pressing “Win + R” and then typing “cmd“.
4-Type “fastboot oem get-bootinfo“. The bootloader of your device will be displayed. “Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED” indicates that the bootloader of your device has been unlocked.
5-Congratulations, you can now install the ROOT, a custom recovery or a custom ROM on your Huawei.
6-If The bootloader of your device displayed. “Bootloader Lock State: LOCKED“. Perform the unlocking procedure again and verify that the password has been entered correctly.
Install TWRP on your Huawei Device
- Run & install the setup:How to install ADB, Fastboot and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Download the recovery Twrp and copy it to ADB folder and change the name to twrprecovery.img.
- Now hold Shift and Right Click on any empty space in ADB folder and select ‘Open Command Windows Here’.
- Connect your Huawei device to PC via USB Cable, and type: ”adb reboot bootloader” to boot the phone into bootloader mode.
- Type the fastboot recovery flashing command: ”fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img”
- Now, type: ”fastboot reboot” to reboot your device.
- You have now successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Huawei Device.