If you’ve never heard of TWRP or Team Win Recovery Project, this is one of the most popular alternative Recovery in recent years. Very simple thanks to its touch interface, Installing TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro offers various possibilities, such as erase the cache partition, change the ROM, Root your Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro, create restore points, reset your Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro or delete the data left in the phone’s memory. or complete cleaning of the Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro.
In this new tutorial, you will learn how to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro using Odin.
Warning: by performing this step all your personal data, your applications and your data stored on the internal memory of your device will be erased. Remember to make backups before proceeding with the installation.
Read also: Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro Stock Recovery
How to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro:
- install Samsung USB drivers, tutorial: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- Recharge your phone’s battery well(with more than 70% battery)
- Download the TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro on your computer: Download Link
- Download the TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730F/G/GM on your computer: Download Link
- Download and extract the latest version of Odin: Download Odin
ENABLE USB DEBUGGING
1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the build number and press 7 times on it
3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Developers Options”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging”
Restart Your J7 Pro in DOWNLOAD MODE
Samsung devices have a Download mode for flashing with Odin:
1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
2. Press and hold the Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button at the same time.
3- Once the warning “WARNING!” Is displayed, release the three keys and then press the “Volume up button ” to Continue.
Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
1- Run the “Odin” file as an administrator.
2- Click on the “AP” button and add the file “twrp.xxx.img.tar”.
3- Connect your Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro to your PC via the USB cable
4- Make sure that the USB port number is displayed in the “ID: COM” box and the “Added!” Message in the “Log” box.
5- Click on “Start” to begin the installation
6- When the “PASS!” message appears in Odin and “Removed” in “Log“, unplug your phone from your PC.
7- That’s it, the TWRP is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro,
8- Check that the TWRP recovery installed successfully on your device.
- Switch off your device.
- Press & hold the Power Button + Home Button + Volume up Button Simultaneously until you see a logo on the screen.
- Now your device boot into TWRP recovery mode.
Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
1- Download & Copy the SuperSU.Zip files on your internal storage or SD card.
2-Restart your Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro into the custom recovery
- Turn off your Samsung mobile.
- Press & hold the Power Button + Home Button + Volume up Button, at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- Release held key when the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
3- Clic Install and scroll down and choose Update superSU and swipe to confirm flash.
4- Once the installation is finished, click on “Reboot System” to reboot your phone.
5- That’s it ! you have successfully Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro.
Read also: How to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro J730FM