For those of you who own a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, be aware that it is possible to manually download and install official firmware available, many Samsung users do not stay on the ROM or firmware shipped by default, they change firmware, try Custom ROMs, flash kernels, There are several reasons you can install official firmware:
- This can solve problems such as error messages or unwanted restarts on your device.
- You want to update your Samsung Galaxy to a new Android version before deploying it in OTA.
- Get you out of a boot loop during a reboot (when your device is looping over the Samsung logo).
- You can no longer overcoat imposed by your mobile operator (including the boot logo and applications pre-installed) and want to permanently delete them.
- You have rooted your Galaxy and you want to delete the root.
- You consider downgrading your Samsung Galaxy to a lower build number (but not the Android version) because it suited you better (better autonomy, network quality …)
- You have installed a recovery custom like TWRP and want to delete the original one.
How to install official firmware on Samsung Galaxy Devices with Odin
Sometimes one of these installations may go wrong or data may be corrupted. This means that your device will not boot anymore, will crash a lot, and will not be usable at all.
Odin allows you to release official firmware and re-partition the phone if needed. We explain how and in what cases install official firmware.
There are two types of official firmware for SAMSUNG devices:
- Official firmware in one file in “.tar.md5” called “ROM One Package“
- Official firmware in four files called “complete ROM“. is an official ROM composed of several separate files “AP_“, “BL_“, “CP_” and “CSC_“.
Now you know the difference between a ROM One Package and a complete ROM.
Be careful when choosing the firmware to flash. For example, you only need to use firmware designed for the exact model of your device. Flashing firmware may cause you to lose the warranty, temporarily or permanently. You responsible for the treatment inflicted on your Android device.
The procedure to install official firmware is very simple, if you want to flash an official firmware One Package on SAMSUNG Android smartphones and tablets, simply download the one that corresponds to your model number and flash it using the box “AP” or “PDA” in Odin.
Read also: How to Boost your Android Smartphone
1- Download and unzip the official firmware
Download and unzip the official firmware that corresponds to your device from the “Sammobile” website: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
Odin is a Windows-based one-click tool that used to flashing firmware, kernels, and other files that have the extension .TAR or .TAR.MD5. Odin is only designed to work on a Samsung device. Do not use this tool on other devices. Download and unzip the latest version of Odin.
Odin v3.09 for Android JellyBean and KitKat and Odin v3.10.6 for Android Lollipop, Nougat, and Oreo
3- Save Your Personal Data
Generally, flash firmware, rooter, install a recovery custom do not delete your data or your applications or settings. However, in some cases, this data may be deleted. do the backup of your personal data on your phone
4-Charge YOUR DEVICE
having a battery charged more than 60% is highly recommended. Flashing a firmware takes 10 seconds of manipulation and a few tens of waiting until the process is complete. However, if you do not meet the prerequisites, all this can turn into a nightmare (argument by terror No. 2 Very Happy).
5-ENABLE USB DEBUGGING and OEM UNLOCKING
This allows the phone to send and receive data with a computer via a USB connection.
Make sure the “OEM Unlock” option is enabled and the option “Lock. “reactivation” is disabled on your device.
1. Go to Settings> About phone
2. Find the build number and press 7 times on it
3. Return to the previous screen. You will see that a line has appeared: “Options for developers”
4. Press and check “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlock” (if available)
Read also: How to Install WhatsApp on Tablet
6- Download and INSTALL THE SAMSUNG USB DRIVERS
Install the USB drivers for your SAMSUNG on your computer, If you have Samsung Kies or Smart Switch, make sure the program is closed (via the Task Manager).
Android USB Driver for Windows
7-Restart Your Device in DOWNLOAD MODE
Samsung devices have a Download mode for flashing with Odin.
1. Turn off your mobile/tablet completely.
2. Hold Volume Down+ Home button + Power button at the same time for 3-4 seconds.
3- Once the warning “WARNING!” Is displayed, release the three keys and then press the “Volume up button ” to confirm.
4-Connect your phone/tablet to your PC via the USB cable
5-run the “Odin3 v3.x.exe” file as an administrator.
6-Check that the USB port number is displayed in the “ID: COM” box and the message “Added !!” in the “Log” or “Message” box. the port ID: COM on Odin must change to Blue or Yellow, depending on the version of Odin used.
7-Click on “AP” or “PDA” and import the firmware file in .tar.md5, depending on which version you are using.
Look for the firmware or recovery file with the extension.TAR or.TAR.MD5.
If you want to flash a full official ROM with AP, BL, CP, CSC and.PIT, import its files as follows:
the .pit file in the PIT box
BL_xxxx.tar.md5 in the BL box.
CODE_xxxx.tar.md5 in the AP box.
MODEM_xxxx.tar.md5 in the box CP.
CSC_xxxx.tar.md5 in the CSC box.
8. In the Options section, make sure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset boxes are selected. Everything else should NOT be checked. (check Re-Partition if and only if you intend to use a .PIT file during the flash).
If your device is not detected, try this:
– Restart the phone, uncheck the USB debugging or plug it in.
– Uninstall the Samsung or Kies USB drivers, restart the PC and then reinstall the USB drivers.
– Restart the PC and try another USB cable ( the official one you used) Or change the computer port.
9-When the md5 package check is complete, click “Start” to begin the installation. which can take a few seconds for a CF-Auto-Root or a recovery or 3-5 minutes for a firmware.
10-Once the operation is complete, the box Odin3 will display the message “PASS!” or “RESET! “, you can unplug your device from your computer. Your device will restart automatically.
11- If you are facing a reboot loop at startup, you will probably have to go into recovery mode to make a wipe data/factory reset.
to go into the recovery mode, it’s like the Download mode except you use Volume Up instead of Volume Down.
Hold Volume Up + Home button + Power button at the same time for 7 seconds.
If you have a message FAIL! instead of PASS! remove the battery from the device and then turn it back on. Restart Odin ( test another firmware version) and start the process again being careful with files used and the boxes checked.
- How to Solve Samsung Camera Failed Problem on the Galaxy S7 / S8
- How to Enable or Disable Notification Dots in Android Oreo 8.0
- How to Install Apk Files on Your Android Phone